Thursday, December 18, 2008

Trans-what?

Today I had to have an ultrasound and a procedure called a transvaginal something. I have an ovarian cyst, which are common as I understand it, but my cyst (which my doctor has been watching for over a year now) suddenly changed. It went from being clear and round, which is typical, to being frondy-shaped and not clear, which is atypical. 

Frondy-shaped sometimes indicates that cancer or pre-cancerous cells are growing. If that's the case, they'll just take the whole damned ovary out and I'll be done with all the twinges and pain. If it's cancer, I guess they'll take out the ovary, radiate the area, and I'll be fine. 

I've decided not to panic. It's just that when the doctor says the word "CANCER"--my first response is to freak out. 

DO NOT PANIC! is my motto. It's harder to live than I thought. 

2 Comments:

Blogger theresa said...

This sucks. I don't want you to have to go through any such procedures! But, since you do, know that my heartfelt and fervent prayers are with you. Although this may not comfort you, depending on where you are with your beliefs, He is faithful.

December 20, 2008 at 8:41 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I believe you. My doctor said that cancer isn't inflammatory, so the twinges and pain probably aren't anything more than just an inflamed cyst. I'll feel better after my doc calls me with the results.

Thanks for the prayers, though. I appreciate them more than I can say!

December 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home