Friday, March 20, 2009

My So-Called J-O-B

The headhunter says the job is mine and that I start on Monday. Huh. Weirdness. I'm not understanding the Universe and the mixed bag of signals its been sending me for the past two weeks, but I guess I'll stop questioning the whole process called LIFE.

So many closed-door H.R. meetings! So many people barging around in a snit, charting things, writing things in my file, having meetings about me, sending off drug tests to two different labs to determine whether or not I have a drug problem! It's just too much to even think about. I know these giant companies have to protect themselves, especially these days--what with the economy all topsy-turvy--but come on! Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

This is going to stress me out! I'll feel like I have to be the best employee they've ever seen, ever. In the history of the company. Or else this last two weeks will have been for NOTHING. Not one thing.

So, I have many mixed feelings about starting this gig. I guess I will just do my best and see what happens. That's all I can do.

But I'm still irritated.

2 Comments:

Blogger theresa said...

I would be irritated, too! "All this fuss over lil' ol' me?" type frustrated! But, congratulations on the job. I am excited for you as you begin this new chapter in life (so called). What, exactly, will you be doing?

March 21, 2009 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

Tee!

I am an editor for Abbott Labs in North Chicago. I had to sign about a million confidentiality agreements, but I can say that I work in the Pharmaceutical Products Division (PPD) in the Promotional Marketing Release (PMR) area. Lots of new acronyms to learn! I have my own wee cubicle, but the department itself is in the basement--the lower level--with no windows! Ick! The commute is FROM HELL. An hour each way. I just listen to tunes and fight the traffic. I work from 10-6 every day, so the traffic isn't THAT bad. It's just a three-month contract, so I imagine if I do OK that they will keep me on. It's a significant amount of training, and the learning curve is long, so I don't imagine that they'll be too keen to let me go if I can master these skills. So far, so good! I really like it there and there is a good vibe. The people are really nice and so far I'm not too overwhelmed!

March 27, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home